Step 1: Complete the Application
- Complete the Clinical Care Extender/PrepStep-Health Care Scholar online application.
- You will receive an email confirmation that application was received within 24 to 48 hours.
- The confirmation email will include a link to PayPal to pay the application fee. Your application will not be reviewed until the payment is received.
Step 2: Interview
- Selected candidates will be invited to a group interview.
- Interviews will take place in the month following the application deadline.
Step 3: Program Clearance
- Accepted applicants will be required to provide proof of immunizations as dictated by their program site.
- Accepted applicants must attend the clearance appointment to submit copies of the required immunizations and records and complete pre-training paperwork.
- Specific information about the clearance appointment dates and requirements will be provided after application submission.
Step 4: Training
- Selected applicants will be required to attend a three-day training, held on weekends, in the month before the rotation is scheduled to begin.
- Training consists of both hands-on and didactic education covering: infection control, patient-care techniques, customer service, cultural competency, confidentiality, introduction to patient-care team, and much more.
- Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to succesfully complete training.
- Multiple choice exam – pass with at least an 80%
- Practical exam – pass with at least an 80%