Step 1: Complete the Application
- Identify site preference
- NOTE: If applying to White Memorial Medical Center or Swedish Medical Center, please complete the Clinical Care Extender/PrepStep-Health Care Scholar online application.
- If applying to all other sites, please follow the steps below.
- Download and complete the application (Download application)
- You MUST download Adobe Reader in order to complete the application. Download Adobe Reader here
- Please note that you must save the application using the following file name format: [First name Last name] - Application
- For example if your name is Jane Doe, your document should be named Jane Doe - Application
- Attach your application and 1-page resume and send it to your desired site via email.
- You will recieve an email confirmation that application was received within 24 to 48 hours.
- The confirmation email will include a link to PayPal to pay the application fee. Your application will not be reviewed until the payment is received.
Step 2: Interview
- Selected candidates will be invited to a group interview.
- Interviews will take place in the month following the application deadline.
Step 3: Program Clearance
- Accepted applicants will be required to provide proof of immunizations as dictated by their program site.
- Accepted applicants must attend the clearance appointment to submit copies of the required immunizations and records and complete pre-training paperwork.
- Specific information about the clearance appointment dates and requirements will be provided after application submission.
Step 4: Training
- Selected applicants will be required to attend a three-day training, held on weekends, in the month before the rotation is scheduled to begin.
- Training consists of both hands-on and didactic education covering: infection control, patient-care techniques, customer service, cultural competency, confidentiality, introduction to patient-care team, and much more.
- Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to succesfully complete training.
- Multiple choice exam – pass with at least an 80%
- Practical exam – pass with at least an 80%